I ahve been feeling that fall is almost here, and this weekend I think it hit. Here are some of my favorite things about fall:
1. Walking through crunchy leaves on the sidewalk. Both the color and the sound are great.
2. The trees turning great colors and the falling leaves as you walk or drive by.
3. Pumpkins on everyone’s front step. Some carved around halloween and then the squirrels cart them off in pirces to be eaten.
4. The decorations on all the houses and all the candy in the office, although too much of both is not a good thing.
5. The temperature out. It’s perfect with a light jacket in Chicago, but not too cold yet.
6. The harvest moon and the indian summer sunset.
7. The beginning of a new Fall TV season and all the Oscar Hopeful Movies that are thinking movies rather than gratuitously stupid entertainment.
8. Leaving the windows open so the cat can enjoy the sounds of the outside for a few weeks before it gets too cold.
9. Getting my pre-thanksgiving tradition of getting all my shopping done, and avoiding the cold and the crowds of the Holidays.
10. Little kids in costumes at Halloween. Big Kids in costumes aren’t as cute.
Have a great Fall.