There are millions of useless tweets out there on Twitter.com. Here are some suggestions for things I’d like to see tweeted more:
1. Tweet to say thanks. Not enough people do this in real life, business or online.
2. Tweet something you found useful or helpful.
3. Tweet your reactions to something surprising. Good or bad reactions to products are actually very helpful to the product dev process for companies.
4. Tweet ideas you think may help others. Especially ones not related to your core business. I believe that ideas from outside companies can revolutionize how they think by bringing in fresh info.
5. Tweet back comments to questions. This informal way to survey has developed into a valuable real time tool for people to find answers to real questions.
Things I’d like to see less of:
1. Breakfast, lunch and dinner photos.
2. Celeb following and retweeting
3. Drunk Tweeting
4. Flame tweet wars
5. Lame product pitches disguised as articles, white papers and special product sales deals without full disclosure.
Got any ideas to add?